The Executive Assistant is responsible for providing comprehensive support to the CEO and Executive Team, and managing the organization’s office operations, including working with the Mindera team who work remotely. This position requires attention to detail, the ability to think critically, anticipate needs, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism.
The successful Executive Assistant is self-driven and will ensure that the Executive Team’s productivity is enhanced by managing calendars, meetings, and travel schedules. Will ensure that meetings are scheduled and prepared for, including the coordination of offsite events. This position requires the ability to manage and coordinate complex business travel, both domestic and international, by developing itineraries and agendas, booking transportation, hotel, and meeting accommodations. Must have the ability to manage multiple important assignments by establishing objectives, determining priorities, managing timelines and gaining the cooperation from others to ensure successful completion. Must be comfortable working/interfacing with all levels within the organization and fostering and maintaining strong working relationships.
This position will interact with the Board of Directors and important external customers and entities. Business savvy is necessary to be the face of the Company at times. In short, this role is critical to provide the internal and external support for a small and emerging commercial business.
Mindera is a private San Diego-area company developing and commercializing next-generation medical technology to enable a new era of skin analytics at the molecular level. Using a proprietary dermal biomarker patch, Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and Machine Learning, Mindera technology generates clinically validated data to reduce healthcare system costs and improve patient outcomes. The platform has applicability in many chronic conditions.
Using Mindera’s proprietary FDA Registered Class I device, the Mindera platform allows for minimally invasive extraction of rich biomarker data from individual patient skin. Captured molecules are sent to the Mindera CLIA-certified lab for analysis and subsequent sequencing. The Mind.Px test can predict biologic response in psoriasis patients resulting in both improved patient outcomes and billions of dollars of annual cost avoidance to the healthcare system. Find out more at www.minderadx.com.
Mindera won the prestigious 2021 MedTech Breakthrough Award in Dermatology. We are located in San Diego, CA. Find out more about us at minderadx.com.
Areas of specific responsibility include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, investors, and other external partners
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner
- Make travel and accommodation arrangements
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence
- Maintain electronic filing system(s)
- Prepare and book conference rooms as appropriate
- Coordinate and maintain executives’ schedules and provide expense report assistance.
- Possess strong powerpoint skills to review, edit and facilitate merging of multiple decks for board meetings, etc.
- Assist with tradeshows by coordinating shipping of materials and providing return shipping labels, tracking of the booth and confirmation of receipt
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations, and other documents
- Coordinate all Board of Director meetings including board member travel and planning board events, as needed
- Organize and execute company meetings and events
- Occasional minute-taking
- Serve as relocation administrator for inter-departmental and external office moves
- Manage Business Card ordering process
- Responsible for assigning and tracking keys, fobs, and parking passes to employees
- Work and follow-through with facilities for routine maintenance and other requests, as they arise
- Work with HR to ensure new hires onboard seamlessly
- Other responsibilities as assigned
The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment. Collaboration and contribution to a supportive team culture is essential. This person must have the desire and ability to work with many individuals across all aspects of the business. Start-up or small company experience is important.
- 7+ years’ experience supporting C-Level Executives, preferred
- Excellent disposition
- Strong sense of urgency, required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to be flexible in a dynamic team environment
- Strong Microsoft Office Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Aptitude for managing multiple competing priorities
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and discretion
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Proven track record of using good judgment in nebulous situations
- Enjoys and promotes a productive, respectful and collaborative work environment adding to the company’s positive culture
Bachelor’s degree is required.
General office and laboratory conditions; must be able to lift up to 20 lbs. on an occasional basis. Only open to local candidates in the San Diego area. Competitive compensation package including stock options and benefits.
Mindera is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.