We are currently seeking a highly motivated R&D Lead with strong hands-on experience to contribute to the development of our products and applications. Reporting to our Chief Scientific Officer and Co-founder, the successful candidate will be responsible for designing and conducting clinical research and product development experiments. This position will require creativity, problem solving and project management skills, as well as the ability to manage a R&D team and to work with cross-functional teams.
Mindera is a private San Diego-area company developing and commercializing next-generation medical technology to enable a new era of skin analytics at the molecular level. Using a proprietary dermal biomarker patch, Next-Generation Sequencing (NGS) and machine learning, Mindera technology generates clinically validated data to reduce healthcare system costs and improve patient outcomes. The platform has applicability in many chronic conditions.
Using Mindera’s proprietary FDA Registered Class I device, the Mindera platform allows for minimally invasive extraction of rich biomarker data from individual patient skin. Captured molecules are sent to the Mindera CLIA-certified lab for analysis and subsequent sequencing. Using machine learning, these baseline biomarkers can be correlated to clinical outcomes data from psoriasis patients who received specific biologic drugs, resulting in continuous evolving and improving predictive analyses for personalized drug responses. Systemwide, predicting biologic responses using Mind.Px can result in both improved psoriasis patient outcomes and billions of dollars of annual cost avoidance to the healthcare system.
Mindera won the prestigious 2021 MedTech Breakthrough Award – Best New Innovation, Dermatology and the Terra2 Skin Health Innovations Competition at the 2021 Winter Clinical Dermatology Conference. We are located in San Diego, CA. Find out more about us at www.minderadx.com.
- Design, plan, execute and analyze scientific experiments
- Play a critical role on the team by developing creative and scientifically sound solutions
- Develop and maintains workplans for the team in collaboration with bioinformatics and clinical operations teams, including the CSO
- Ensure deadlines and deliverables are met
We look for people who share our passion for improving the life of patients and bringing innovative products to the market as well as people who are dynamic, collaborative, rigorous and entrepreneurial.
PhD from a top tier institution in molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or related field with 5+ years of relevant industry experience in a research or product development team, knowledge of molecular diagnostics and clinical lab operations are a plus. Strong project management experience and team management experience is highly desirable.
Strong expertise in the following fields is required:
- Broad knowledge in organic chemistry, molecular biology or biochemistry
- Biomolecule (e.g., DNA, RNA, protein) conjugation chemistry
- Design and optimization of DNA probes
- NGS technologies, particularly RNA Seq
- PCR/qPCR optimization
- Bioinformatic and statistical data analysis
Local candidates only (no relocation available).
Critical skills include:
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong drive and motivation to work in a fast-paced, team environment
- Attention to detail, ability to produce high quality work in the lab
- Excellent scientific writing skills
- Passion for science, desire to contribute to the development of a new technology
Competitive compensation package including stock options and benefits.
Mindera is an equal opportunity employer & prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, age, disability, marital & veteran status.
Apply by sending resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.